Subject: [Leica] Japan 1.2 [equipment]
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 98 14:47:11 -0800

G'day friends,

Installment two [but most important] - equipment. My initial thoughts are;

Leica M6;
35 asph f1.4 summilux
50 f1 noctilux
90 f4 elmar C
135 f4 tele-elmar

Leica R7;
15 f3.5 super-elmar
50 f2 summicron

Rollei 2.8F [rolleikin] using TCN 400 for portraits
b/w filters and softar

Leica Z2X for print snaps
Cullman  Magic II tripod
Sunpak auto 30D flash

Backpack type equipment case
15 rolls of Kodachrome 64
10 rolls of TCN 400
5 rolls of Kodacolor 400

 We are away for 2 weeks. I hope to buy a zoom or two for the R7, perhaps
the 35-70 and 70-200 [70-180 may stretch the friendship and the luggage
limits.] and a 21 asph for the M. Although I could take the M3 as a back
up, I suspect the two systems will "back" each other. Helen will largely
use the R and I the M. I did consider the 50 DR summicron and the viso/65
elmar for close up work, though I suspect the 35-70 zoom will handle the
amount of "macro" we will want to do. Too much or too little. Comments and
suggestions invited ;-)

Alastair Firkin,