Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P vs M2/M4 finders
From: LEICAMAN56 <LEICAMAN56@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 23:27:19 EST

Martin,

I find the M4-2 and M4-P finders to be about the same.  The only difference
being the additional framelines for the 28 and 75.  As far as clarity and
color, I find the older cameras often have a bluish cast to their finders.
Regarding clarity, M6 and M4-P finders on the whole have more clarity than the
older cameras.  Keep in mind these "older" cameras are often 20 to 40 years
old and often have some residue on their internal optical surfaces.
Outgassing from lubricants, environmentaql contamination, etc. is the cause.
It's amazing what a difference a good cleaning by DAG or other good technician
can make.

Bill Rosauer