Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Meter Area
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 12:16:10 -0500

Jim wrote:

<<<<I guess I'm having trouble figuring out why this is a topic. I don't
mind... but I fail to see it's meaning.>>>>>>

Hi Jim,

I've used M6's since 1985 and I've rarely ever had to think about where the
meter is covering, how much etc etc that some of these folks do.

It appears again, that instead of keeping it simple, as in look through
view finder, twiddle knob or ring, red arrowheads light-up, press button,
picture works!

What don't they understand in twiddle? :) red arrows, shoot.

It's unfortunate so many folks get themselves all tied-up in details and
what this does or why doesn't it do this, how come I can't see where the
meter is reading.  Instead of "Hey I like that scene, camera to eye, light
arrowheads equally, shoot!

By the time they are worrying about all the "whyfor stuff", the scene or
situation is long gone.

I might point out a simple thing my oldest son told me (almost yelled at me
) :) when I was trying to learn how to use the computer, as I slowly drove
him carzy with my whys! "How does it do that? Why doesn't it do this? What
I don't understand is all this extra button pushing?"

He says, " Just turn the damn thing on and do what it tells you and to hell
with how it does or doesn't do it! You don't need to know! You only need to
know if you press here this will happen and stop asking totally
non-essential questions about why and how!"  Then he smiled and said, "OK
dad lets get on with pressing on the keys and "Keep it simple!"

for what its worth it's the same as the M6 meter. Just point the damn
camera, light the arrowheads and press the button, it does it's thing!:)

ted