Subject: [Leica] New Apo-Elmarit 1:2,8/180mm
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 00:02:29 -0500

Lucien wrote:

<<<About the new Apo-Elmarit 1:2,8/180mm.
I discover that the new 180mm don't accept the Apo-Extender 1,4X.
I don't understand why it wasn't one of the priority of that new lens.

So s..... ! (sorry but it make me angry)>>>>>>>

Hi Lucien,

I'm with you, as that cancels buying the lens right now, Apo or No Apo!

That's an absolute stupid designing. Hell the old 180 was a great lens
simply because you could make all kinds of variations with it by using the
extenders.

The prime reason I bought one the first place was because it focused closer
and the 1.4 extender could be used with it, I unfortunately jumped too
quickly when I bought the 70-180 2.8 thinking I wouldn't need the 180 any
longer, only to find there were still many places where it was required
because it was lighter and easier to run with if I had to.

Then when I saw a new Apo version was coming it was to be an immediate
purchase when they were available! So now forget that, as it makes the new
Apo-Elmarit 180 as useless as tits on a bull!

I wonder what moron came up with that design? And yes folks I'm as ticked
off as Lucien as it is sheer idiocy to bring out a new lens and then take
away one of its best features. Just ass dumb!

hello Solms, I trust you pass this message on! Thank you.

ted