Subject: Re: [Leica] filters?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:03:53 -0500

All,
Just for thrills and giggles, and with all the hoopla about UV filters, I
took a Leitz Wetzlar UVa filter and did a reading on an X-Rite 810
Densitometer.
The readings were:
   R    G    B
 .02  .02  .04
This, according to my calculations ( five place log table) this translated
into transmissions of:
R= 99.8%
G=99.8%
B=99.6%
Very slight warming as blue absorption is twice that of the red or green;
exposurewise, insignificant difference in exposure. I do not however have a
means of testing for flare.
As the little kid says in the OJ commercial, ' I'm workin' on it!'
Cheers from the back room.
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com
- -