Subject: [Leica] New for me
From: Alan Brown <abrown@ncsi.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 10:34:13 -0600

Yesterday I bought a M2,  35mm f2 chrome and 50 DR with eyes from Jefferson
Camera in St. Louis.  I've been away from Leica for years, and am thrilled
to be home!  Happy, happy little guy!

I also have a 90mm Tele-Elmarit (thin) #2727995 which needs cleaning.  None
of these lens have lens shades however, so I need to know the numbers for
each of these shades.  The 35 Summicron is a chrome Leitz Canada, #1930115,
and the 50 DR Summicron is #1707952.  Trying to look for these without
numbers or those letter codes (such as IUFDO, which I do know is for a 90,
but don't know if for my 90) is frustrating.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I would like to buy a 21, but this would not be used nearly as much.
Has anyone used the 21 2.8 that Adorama sells for about $800?  I know Pop
Photo gave it and its companion 28 very high marks, but what does that
mean?  Camera Club Collectibles also sell it under the name Avenon for
about $700.  Who makes it?

TIA.

Regards,

Alan Brown