Subject: [Leica] Ralph Gibson signed books / Leica images
From: LeicaPhoto <LeicaPhoto@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 18:42:55 EST

Leica Gallery has very small quantities of Ralph Gibson's books all signed by
this Leica photographer just for us. As many of you know, Ralph Gibson's work
has been shown in over 150 exhibitions and he recently had shows at the
Whitney Museum of Art in NYC as well as in Leica Gallery. He uses a Leica
(currently M6) exclusively and is one of the finest photographers of our time.
We have the following signed books:
"L'Histoire de France" in English (hardbound/ oversized 14"x10 1/2"). Color
photographs that are images of France. Intro. by Duras. 4 signed copies
available - $60. (out-of-print and mint)
"The Spirit of Burgundy" in English (hardbound/oversized 14x10 1/2". Color and
B&W (86 color and 68 B&W duotone photographs) images of Burgundy, introduction
and reminiscences by Colette. 6 signed copies available - $60. (out-of-print
and mint)
"Chiaroscuro"  all photographs / no text (hardbound/ 9x14") Black and white /
unnumbered pages --approximately 90 by count). Title means "light and shadow."
This is the thme of the marvelous duotone photographs. One of his most famous
books. - 1 copy available signed $50. (out-of-print and mint).
"Tropism" intro,.by Gibson (hardbound/oversized 10x14" - 150 pages) Black &
White duotone photographs & a few color. One of the most popular anthologies
of Gibson's work because it is broken into selections from his most famous
books
which are listed in the contents by book. Also, an afterward by Miles Barth,
ICP; his chronology and a listing of his books. We have 1 copy signed in mint
condition - out-of-print/price is $95.
"Infanta" hardbound, 119 pages, 11x12" with intro by Anderson-Spivy and
Afterword by Mary Gaitskill.  All B&W. Outstanding reproductions. The theme is
the female nude (one of the themes that Gibson is most well-known in Leica
photography).The images were taken between 1988 and 1994 - it is one of his
most splended books. It is either out-of-print or almost out-of-stock and we
have 4 copies, signed - price $39.95 / mint
"Light Years" hardbound 10x12" / 200 pages. Published in English in 1996.
Wonderful anthology of his best B&W images, both old and new. Includes
chronology of his exhibitions. We believe this is still in print, but we have
only 4 signed copies - mint /price is $49.95.
"Women" softbound 9x12" in English with a forward and intro. and essay. B&W
and color images of women including nudes.. 54 pages, duotone images includes
biography. One of his most famous out-of-print books. 1 signed copy mint and
out-of-print  - $65.
As always shipping is $10. minimum and maximum (no mater how many books are
bought to anywhere in the continental US via UPS. With every order we will
include "Leica Magic Moments" at no charge (the catalog of the 40th
anniversary show in honor of the M camera). We take VISA/MC/AMEX (we need full
name, address, telephone, card number and expiration). Our fax is 212-777-6960
(24 hours) and our telephone is 212-777-3051. We are here Tuesday thru Friday
11 to 6 and Saturday 12 to 6 EST. / Best regards, Rose and Jay Deutsch / Leica
Gallery, 670 Broadway, New York, NY 10012.