Subject: [Leica] Wide angle Lens Question
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 12:23:38 -0800

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

In trying to finish purchasing the lenses I need to photograph
medical/eyecare office interiors, I have been using either a Canon F1n with
a 20/2.8 FD lens or the pre-aspheric 21/2.8 Leica M lens on an M6.

At this point, I would like to either purchase the newer design 19/2.8 R
lens or even perhaps upgrade the 21/2.8 to the aspheric version.  I really
can't find any fault with the current 21/2.8 M non-aspheric lens.  It seems
to produce very nice images.  A smaller lens might be nice but its not that
critical.

Am I really going to see any differences with the new aspheric lens or even
with the 19/2.8 R lens?  Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA