Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 flash test button
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:46:59 -0800

Stanley E Yoder wrote:

> Marshall Mundheim's query about Ms firing a flash if the shutter release
> is pressed (but shutter not wound) sent me to my IIIf LTM. It does it
> too, guys and dolls. So this is an artifact ever since the synched LTMs,
> not just the Ms.

I guess all you people don't understand that the Leica RFs are simply
very sophisticated, expensive and prestigious test fire buttons for the
Vivitar 285 when used on manual and a meter reeding needs to be made.
One of the cameras' features cunningly included was the ability to also
expose film, a feature often used in advertising to justify the high
cost of the Leica test button.

donal
- --
Donal Philby