Subject: Re:[Leica] Re:RE
From: Hans Hoogerhuis <hans.w.hoogerhuis@inter.NL.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:09:06 +0100

Why bother whether a Leica RE is inferiour to other
models. The reason I use Leica camera's is simply the
fact that Leica makes the best lenses money can buy. So whether you use a =
Leicaflex or R8 depends on personal
taste, and your abillity to work with or without
automatics.

I use Leica reflex camera's for over 10 year's. I started with R4 mot elec. =
I have used R4s and R4s II later RE and R7. All these models have their =
appeal, but since I
always work manualy and sometimes in Auto mode I don't
need any Program or Shutter priority modes. So why bother
with the extra electronics which eventually will break
down.

Because of my luck with electronic camera's, not only
Leica. I have switched to Leica R6.2 about a year ago,
they are absolutely the best camera's I ever had, with
no modes at all.

To return to the issue if a Leica RE is inferiour to other
modes. I think if this camera has all the modes you need, you would be =
stupid to buy more functionality and troubles
you really need. Anyone who says different just because you don't work with =
the top of the line camera isn't busy with what Leica's are made for: =
Taking wonderful pictures.

Greetings to you all

Hans.