Subject: Re: Hans & Paris
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 16:11:51 +0100

ALf, (sorry to hear about your arm)
The 35 asph is a first quality lens. The problem was caused by the
photographer...
On a street scenery, when many objects (people) are part of the picture, it
is difficult to get them all within reasonable focus, at least when using
F/2,0. The only thing to do is to go closer and concentrate on one or two
objects only, or to stop down the lens.
Therefore the 50 mm lens was a better choice, as I from the very beginning
was looking for the most interesting things in the picture, moved in closer
and focused on that.
Nothing was really blurred, I was just not calculating with the limited DOF
on F/2,0, so some parts of the pictures were slightly out of focus. Using a
SLR, I would have seen it in the finder, but not so with the M...
But theoretically, I would have thought of it anyway, I was only so carried
away by all nice things to photograph. Not all pictures with the 35 asph
were bad. Buildings and such were crisp and fine, and also some shots of
people when I moved in real close.
It will take me 2 weeks to scan the slides, as my friends Agfa scanner had
given up last Friday.
/Hans