Subject: Re: Leicaflex vs. R
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 22:50:55 -0500

I am not sure if the Leicaflex + is the earlier or like the SL of which I
have two. The Leicaflex SL is not at all cumbersome, but should he get to
use the R5 or R6, the 2 cam lenses will work but the TTL metering for
aperture priority will not. I often use a handheld meter anyway, so I never
notice. In fact, I usually use my R4 and R7 in manual mode. After thirty odd
years of either handheld meter or no meter at all, I am just now beginning
to trust the TTL meters!
Check with Ted Grant and he can send you his "Leica Cam 101" course by
private e-mail. Makes all things cams known, discloses the arcana of the "R"
Cheers,
Dan