Subject: Re: [Leica] I'm having a Summitar problem. Can anyone help.
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:57:28 +0100

At 13:13 10.03.1998 -0800, Gabe wrote:
>I have a Summitar and the aperture ring is sticking.  It moves, but it's a
>struggle. Also, it forces the lens not to be locked in place and I have to keep
>resetting it.  Is there any hints on loosening it up that anyon has tried?

I have unscrewed the front element and the aperture ring (2 screws).
After cleaning and cauriosly lubricating (usual oil) it works without
complaints.

Look at the position of both screws which hold the aperture ring  before
you unscrew them: They move the iris blades, and they must be positioned
in exactly the same way after cleaning.

Alf
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm