Subject: Re: [Leica] R8: angel crashed and burned
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 20:00:07 -0500

Guido wrote:

<<<What have I to do ?   What would you, guys, think in my clothes?>>>>>

Guido,

As frustrated, mad and peed off as you are about the R8s ypou have had in
hand. It is without question a million to one odds that it would happen.

My feeling sare that you not give up on the Camera simply because all of us
who have a better good fortune with out your heart aches cabn attest to the
camera as being one of the best made.

I realize that at the moment that's hard for you to accept, but trust me
get another one as you'll never regret it when you have one in your hands
and sing the film through.

My very good fortune has been nearly 16 months of flawless operation with
the camera having many many days of hard labour in all kinds of weather.
And with the winder now attached, the work will be increased for the beast!
Beauty actually!:)

There are others on the LUG who have had similar good fortune. So I urge
you not to cast it aside in disgust as you'll be sorry, honestly. You will
have a wonderful time when you finally get one in hand that works flawlesly
and without question you'll be just as much a champion of the R8 as you are
of the M6.

Hang in there, your very own good one is on it's way. :)

ted