Subject: [Leica] Sharpness, Bokeh, R, M, autofocus, misc. ramblings
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 01:17:47 -0500

Jim Brick wrote:

<<<Well, LUG gang, thanks for putting me in the poor house! But it's sure
fun. And even more fun now that my daughter has an interest.>>>>>>

Jim, A wonderful post to the fun and enjoyment of photography and that's
what it's supposed to be all about, having fun regardless of pro or
amateur.

I wish you well with your daughters' interest, as my 4 children, now all
adults and parents, are all good shooters with number 2 son a working
professional at sports and politics. Hell he can out shoot me without film
in the camera! :) Yeah right! Well OK the kids really good. :) And I'm a
very proud father about his talent.

Photography in our family was and is a bonding thing, so I know how you
feel when your daughter shows an interest in your work. It will lead to a
wonderful relationship that has just started and is going to cost you
dollars for some time to come! :)

"Hey dad do you think you could get me that 180mm lens for my birthday?":)
And when she smiles and blinks her eyes and waves some very nice
photographs before your eyes, you'll be dead and buy! :) I know, been
there, done it!

And every dollar spent will be returned a thousand fold with the smiles and
excitment when she is looking at those just returned prints. The really
neat part is the nice feeling you'll have inside.:) That's my girl!

ted