Subject: [Leica] Ted's 80-200 f/4 improvement
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 21:44:12 -0500

Lucien wrote:

<<<also on all the 180's, is a built-in rotating tripod thread>>>>>>>

Lucien,

The only problem I see with the zoom 80-200 is where would it go? I just
looked at the lens to figure out where it could go with the space available
as the lens stands at the moment.

It might take a complete revamping and tooling to accomodate the tripod
mount ring and then make the lens bigger taking away the ability to hand
hold it as we can now. Besides it would mean more dollars for a rather
expensive lens already.

But the knurls on the rings wouldn't be a big deal, as it would just mean a
different ridging on the rubber. And that surely should up the price of the
lens.

ted