Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted's 80-200 f/4 improvement
From: "R E Sharp" <hi-res@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 20:38:05 -0500

Yes, different, and to elaborate: Leica, 12 lens elements in 8 groups,
versus Zeiss, 13 elements in 10 groups (...it says here); and the Leica is
slightly longer, wider - taking the beloved 60mm filter size - and heavier.
But a wonderfully handy package. Excuse my enthusiasm, but I just acquired
one! Then I noticed Zeiss (Kyocera) also seemed to have their own, plus
100/2.8 Macro and others. But all quite different.

BTW, in the "old days" of Leica medium-tele zooms, what was the rep of the
70-210 Angenieux? (I guess I'm playing catch-up.) Thanks -- Robert.