Subject: [Leica] Re: Summarit Hood for Sale
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 19:06:12 EST

 I recently purchased the rectangular hood for the 50/1.5 Summarit
 for $160 and no longer need the round screw-in hood & series 6
 filter ring for it, which I will sell to the LUGger that is asking for one,
 at a fraction of what the Leitz hood cost.
 Please email me privately.

 Marvin
<< >dealers, however it is not rare.  Unfortunately the same is not true of
 the hood -
 >made of genuine unobtanium.

 Heavens, but this isn't true.  Any of the major filter manufacturers
 (Heliopan, B+W, Harrison & Harrison, Tiffen, even rotten ol' Hoya) can
 supply an E41 lenshood at a reasonable cost.

 Now the Leitz Bayonet Lens Hood for the Summarit IS rare and expensive.

 Marc