Subject: [Leica] Re: Latest LUG List / Gabe & Alex
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 19:17:41 EST

<< In a message dated 98-03-04 05:34:34 EST, Alex wrote:
 Marvin - thanks for the update. Is it possible in your analysis to count
 the number of subscribers in each country? Obviously the US comes out tops,
 but it'd be interesting to see how the rest break down.

 To answer both Alex & Gabe, in one post, I have to admit my lack of
 ability or know-how to do this --- most addresses don't have the origin
 of the country ie: Alf Breull has "de" for Deutchland on his leica - list
 address but AOL (without country source on another).

 I have only listed 24 countries on this list (25 with Ireland) whereas there
 were 40 on the last.  Any member like Alex, that I left out may add to
 this list either privately or by post to the LUG, as I think this is of
general
 interest.  I am learning a lot myself like North & South Koreans don't like
 to be called that, but simply "Koreans" for either.

 We had a member from Tenerife, which is one of the Canary Islands -----
 but should it be listed under Spain.  Is Beringia, which is close to Siberia
 to be considered Alaska & just another US State?  Is there a member
 from Russia?

 Being that there has been an increase of about 100 subscribers since last
 June - I think that there are still at least 15 more countries to be heard
from.

 Marvin Moss