Subject: Re: [Leica] Gun Sights & VF Sights / Brick/Moss/Clompus
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 00:10:00 -0600

At 12:21 AM 3/4/98 -0500, you wrote:

> Maybe Dr. Clompus can help explain why the Japanese tend to design
> their system  biased for the near-sighted.  As our bodies get older, the

Aren't Leica Rs set to minus one too? I think they're biased to
near-sighted because the image in the viewfinder magnification wise (that
is the focusing aids) appear to be about 1 meter or so away. So they bias
it to seeing near things. Maybe I'm all wet. But I do believe Leica R
cameras are biased the same as Japanese cameras. But at least the R8 has an
adjustable diopter setting.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch