Subject: Fw: [Leica] Visoflex Telyt 280mm- opinions?
From: "Boreham" <boreham@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 07:05:26 -0000

> >For the last year I have caried an EOS A2 body just to use a 300mm lens.
> >Since I now have a Viso, I also have been wondering about the 280 Viso
> >Telyt. I also look forward to the feedback. Just so I know, what do you
> >call a good price?
> >Tom

I am in the same dilemma, except that I currently have both a 280 Telyt and
a EOS 75 -300 IS. I bought the 75-300 intending to sell the 280 Telyt but
now I'm feeling v reluctant to part with it. I keep reassuring my wife I
will trade one when I decide which !  I think truth is the EOS is faster,
more convenient and higher percentage (for sport, and low shutter speed
with IS), but a lot less fun to use and less sharp. I have adapted an
Olympus eyecup to be able to use dioptre correction lens on the Viso 3. I
tend to keep colour print film in the EOS (wifes camera) and use the 280
viso for B&W. I use a spot attachment on a separate hand held meter rather
than trying to use the M6 meter with the mirror up.
In the UK prices are about 30% higher for the later M mount version which
focusses closer. I use a screw mount version with a 16466 adapter. This is
optically identical and focusses down to about 18 feet. I think Stephen
Gandys web site says there was an  optical update from s/n 2340953 but I
have not seen this stated anywhere else.
Mike