Subject: [Leica] Fleeing to the "land of the Ted"
From: Myers Pete <MyersPete@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 01:57:34 EST

Dear Eric:

How true, how true! I have seriously considered moving North to "the land of
the Ted". Its kind of interesting how people just dont really care about what
you do when it gets cold enough. If you dont freeze and die, then your left to
do pretty much what you want to do. Well, then there is spring and summer -
also known as Bug Season. But, giving blood to a bunch of Mosquitos and dieing
of DEET poisoning might be a bit better then having to deal with silly Rangers
in National Parks.

I have my North Face Expidition Down Parka upstairs - Everest Rated. I have my
Steger Mukluks catalog sitting next to me. If Ted would just clue me in on
COLD weather shooting, I'll just start heading for the border!

Actually, I love Canada and my wife and I have made considerations - perhaps
some day. Everywhere there are people, there seems to be some one wanting to
put their hand out. But, perhaps if it gets cold enough........

Isnt it a funny world? You can run a Princess off the road trying to get her
photo and in the process kill her, but try to take a picture of a tree and
some one wants to nail you for it.

Pete Myers

Eric wrote:
<<<<<Pete,
I appreciate what you are saying. Lucky for me, they can charge me to work on
forset service lands. They are prohibited from banning photojournalists. But
then, most photojournalists aren't interested in photographing the beauty of
natre. :-)
Anyway, this is what is happeing in this country. No longer are our taxes
adequate to cover most of our public lands. We are going to be charged to
drive on roads, sit in public parks and breath clean air some day. This is
just the beginning. Rich people get what they want, the rest of us riff
raff stay home. Just wait and see. Someone will want to charge us to take a
picture of anything they think they can get away with.
Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.