Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:tripods
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@jnlcom.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:46:21 -0500

Probably they were worried you would get a shot of Monica, or some other
gal coming out of the "private quarters". ;)

Seriously, when I was covering the 1992 vice-presidential debates in
Atlanta I was told that I would have to remove the pistol grip from my
300 2.8 as it looked to much like a gun and the secret service would not
like it.

Edward Kowaleski wrote

>I haven't been in DC for several years but the last time there I was using
>a tripod at night near the Capitol and was told that it was illegal
>because a tripod could be used as a ready-rest for a weapon.  Wow, I knew
>my Leica was powerful but I can't im,age it being mistaken for a gun.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto