Subject: Re: [Leica] offtopic:photovest
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:28:22 -0500

At 03:39 PM 2/24/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Funny--I recently gave away a Banana Republic vest because I didn't like
>it.  Mostly because the pockets are too small.  With anything other than
>an M lens, if you get your hand in the pocket and hold a lens, you can't
>get the combo out again.  So I use a Domke a lot.  But for a small set
>as you mention, a little waste pack should be just fine and not so
>ostentatious.  I only wear the Domke on jobs where it is obvious we are
>working.   Otherwise just a jacket with big pockets.  Domke used to make
>a jacket that was wonderful.  I left it on a job one day and it
>disappeared.  I was about to take it to a tailor to has it duplicated.
>didn't look like a photo-thing.
>
>donal
>--
>Donal Philby
>San Diego
> >http://www.donalphilby.com

Donal -

I guess it depends on how big your hands are!  Actually I use the vest
mostly for film - unexposed on the right and exposed on the left - , lens
wipes, pens, notebook, glasses, credit cards, money, passport, filters,
Kleenex, balloons for kids, Excedrin, Tums, throat lozenges, maps, tickets,
Spanish dictionary, etc.  The lenses and cameras go either in a fanny pack
(bum bag for the English) or a small backpack or (usually) around my neck
and on my shoulders.  I have the Domke jacket and it really comes in handy
in cold weather, but I'm usually looking for less warmth, not more - really
like the net back on the Banana Republic. Next time you're giving anything
away think of me :)   - Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>