Subject: Re: [Leica] "Focus" report
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:24:49 +0000

> Someone recently said on the LUG that the G2 is what
> an M6E would be if Leica made one.  I can't imagine Leica ever
> producing anything like a G2 - it's so totally different from the whole
> concept of the M6.

Just ridiculous. Akin to saying that you saw a Fatif 35mm view and someone on the
LUG said that's what the M7 might be like. Any M6E (or M7) would have a
*manual rangefinder*. Even a Contax G, with a manual rangefinder, would be so
entirely different a camera than the current AF Contax G is, it would be as a zebra is
to a giraffe.

Would you consider a G2, in Leica mount, with a manual rangefinder? That's not
what I want but it's a hell of a lot closer to what was described by 'our' side here.
Let's keep the extremist party line off the mainstream impression.......

Danny Gonzalez