Subject: Re: [Leica] M 90/2 Aspherical
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 19:49:28 -0600

At 11:55 PM 2/19/98 +0000, you wrote:

>That Nikon S5 was not a rumor; it was a real camera that made it to
prototype form
>and, for reasons unknown (to Nikon outsiders), never made it to market
(probably

Oh, shoot, I knew that. (Where was my memory, now, I put it around here
somewhere). A Nikon official told me the reason they didn't bring it out.
(Duh!) It's because it would have cost more than an M6.

Yes, believe it or not, it would have cost more. Why? Because it was built
as well, and they don't have decades of experience (and amortized tools) to
make it.

>While I know Bob Shell bashing is a popular sport, I don't think that his
willingness
>to share info about upcoming cameras is something to criticize him for. In
this

Actually, I think Bob Shell does very well in his reporting of photo
equipment news. And he has been a good friend of quality cameras,  unlike
Herbert (never met a cheap zoom he didn't like) Keppler. If only he would
stop putting pictures of mediocre models (bimbos) in tortured poses in
Shutterbug, it would be a better product. Proving he can get women to take
their clothes off (it sure ain't art!) has worn thin.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.