Subject: Re: [Leica] red dot blues
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 14:22:46 -0500

Dan wrote:

<<<<I seem to recall that Rolls Royce had rules as to how you could paint
their cars (John Lennon apparently had upset them).  I'm not sure how R/R
could enforce them>>>>>>>>>>

Dan, A quick RR story and what they do if they don't like what you do with
their cars.

Many years ago at the Lansdowne stock car track in Ottawa, a young guy
brought his fathers RR to the track and a bunch of us convinced him to use
it as the pace car for the start of the feature race.

Well it seems it was a non-no as far as RR was concerned and the Senior
humun being for RR Canada came to Ottawa and bought the car from the father
for more than he paid for it!  Just to keep it out of the hands of these
ner do wells who dared drive their masterpiece in the company of a bunch of
jalopy stock cars, :)

Maybe we could do something like that with Leica. Use the camera for awhile
and then mark-up the red dot and they'd buy it back for more! :)

You do't think so eh? :) It wont work?

How about we have the Leica mating in the camera bag with a Nikon or Canon
and the red dot comes out in different colours?  That wont work either?
Well I guess we'll have to live with it! :)

ted