Subject: [Leica] R8 book for owners!
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 19:13:31 -0500

For all R8 owners and wanna be's! :)

I've just read Jonathan Eastland's book on the R8!

This book may have been mentioned on the LUG before, but as far as I'm
concerned it's a must for any R8 owner. It's very well written in language
any new owner and those of us who are a year old or so can understand.

The most important factor is, "it isn't a translation from German." I don't
believe the R8 instruction manual is well translated and leaves much to be
desired in the explanation of many functions, including the flash
capabilities.

Whereas Eastland's book spells everything out very cleanly and
understandably. Certainly wih many more excellent points than the "R8
Operators manual"

It's worth the money, trust me!  Would I lie to you guys? :)

ted