Subject: Re: [Leica] Ansel Adams and Leitz
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 22:19:54 -0600

At 09:43 PM 2/18/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Leica stuff.)  But Adams was a regular instructor at the Leica Academy in
>the '40's and '50's and claimed, repetitively, that he never appreciated
>miniature-format work until he used a Leica.

No doubt based on his observation, that I left out before, that the Contax
rangefinders had finicky shutters, and he noted the Leica shutter was more
robust. I wasn't aware he actually switched. He was a paid spokesman for
Contax for a while.

Hey, the Ed McMahon of cameras? <G>

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Is reading in the bathroom considered Multi-Tasking?