Subject: [Leica] M6 obsolete? was:M7 wish lists
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 05:38:19 -0500

Dan C.wrote:

>We love the M6 partly for what it is, but also for
>what it was.  Make too many changes to it, and suddenly it becomes a ver=
>expensive modern camera that does a job only half as well as SLRs and
>Contax G2s , but at 2 or 3 times the cost.

Dan,

I use both the G2 and the M6 and I don't share your view.

Except with flash, fill-in and 400 ISO in the sun,
I found the M6 making a better job.
I'm much more confident about what will be in focus
with a Leica M.
And when I've finnish to put the distance and the exposition
in memory with the G2, the photography is already in the M6.
Specially for the second and next photographies of a sequence.
Portrait, landscape etc..  =

I know that for a landscape it's not so important, =

but it's boring to restart from the begining for each shot.

Maybe it's a lack of training.
;-)

IMHO, the M6 is not obsolete. The M concept was so in advance =

that it's still in the race.
And I'm pretty sure that we will never see a 50/1 or 75/1,4 for the G2.

This sayed, I'm strongly supportive for a fully electronic M7
using the normal M lenses if, and only if, =

the M6 remain in production.

Lucien
BELGIUM