Subject: [Leica] M vs. G?
From: Jeff Alford <alford@batnet.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:54:44 -0800

- --------------83FCB292F75499AE3E66075C

Why should Leica make a G style camera? As someone who works in a large camera
store that sells both Contax and Leica, I can say that we sell far more M
cameras than G cameras. Many customers that come in looking for a G2 leave
with an M6! Most of our Contax customers use the G's because of the
convenience features.

Many of our M6 customers are either previous Leica owners, or photographers
that prefer the basic nature of M6 photography. Some of our customers are just
plain fed up with techno-cameras.

There will most likely be an electronic based camera from Solms. It would be
offered as an alternative to the M6.

I think the best thing about the Contax G1/G2 is the competition they created
in the RF market.

Jeff Alford

- --------------83FCB292F75499AE3E66075C

<HTML>
Why should Leica make a G style camera? As someone who works in a large
camera store that sells both Contax and Leica, I can say that we sell far
more M cameras than G cameras. Many customers that come in looking for
a G2 leave with an M6! Most of our Contax customers use the G's because
of the convenience features.

<P>Many of our M6 customers are either previous Leica owners, or photographers
that prefer the basic nature of M6 photography. Some of our customers are
just plain fed up with <I>techno-cameras.</I>

<P>There will most likely be an electronic based camera from Solms. It
would be offered as an alternative to the M6.

<P>I think the best thing about the Contax G1/G2 is the competition they
created in the RF market.

<P>Jeff Alford
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>