Subject: Re: [Leica] R series entry level.
From: Jeff Alford <alford@batnet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 19:32:09 -0800

David,

From the R4 family the R4S or R4SP (sometimes called R4S Mod 2) would be good
bets. You might also look for an RE or R5. These bodies are further refined
to include TTL flash metering and brighter focusing screens.

The differences between the R6 and R6.2? Improved shutter mechanism, adds
1/2000th and a much easier to read film counter.

You have three choices. Three cam lenses, third cam lenses and ROM lenses.
ROM makes good sense if there is an R8 in your future. Most lenses can be ROM
modified at a later date.

Good luck,

Jeff Alford