Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 wish lists
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 02:37:38 +0100

In a way I think your are correct, Dan. But although there is a Leica Mythos
or legend, there will always be a demand for manual cameras, you may compare
with Nikon, who keep on producing the 'obsolete' FM2.
In fact, the 'modern' cameras become obsolete as soon as another new model
comes on the market. Imagine you bought a new EOS1, F4 or G1. What are they
worth today, compared to an M6 bought in those days? Even the F5 with MN30
and 2 accs can be bought for 2/3 of the price today, compared to what I paid
in January 1997. I don't want to think about it!

PS Today I bought the same film scanner as you, and I am very pleased with
the HP Photosmart after scanning lots of slides and B/W negatives. Well, I
guess it will be obsolete anyway within two years, so I'd rather spend $ 480
than $1.400 for brand N... I published some of the new scans on my mirror
site, and replaced some of my old pix, as the Photosmart did better than the
previous flatbed scanner I used.
/Hans
Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se
Mirror URL: http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-24872/