Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 wish lists
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:58:27 -0800

Dan,

Far from being obsolete I believe the M-6 to be very much a part of today's
technology. Just look at some of the new lenses that we have received in
the past couple of years. It is however, a specialized tool for a
particular type of job and it does that job very well. I find it rather
refreshing to have a tool in my hands that is not all things to all people
but one that gets right down to business. It doesn't  do windows, get 50
miles to the gallon, take the kids to ball practice, bake a pie and all of
the other hundreds of tasks that we expect  in today's products
.............. and so it is rather limited in scope. But, it does what it
was designed to do better than any other camera on the market.

And for that, I am very thankful and I will now keep my mouth shut

PS - For those jobs in which the M-6 is not the best tool, I still have my
5x7 view camera.

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA