Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Bulk fim loading - Who & Why
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 23:52:14 -0500

Here, Here! My sentiments, exactly!
dwpost@msn.com
- -----Original Message-----
From: Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Monday, February 09, 1998 8:42 PM

On  9 Feb 98 at 20:10, Leikon35@aol.com wrote:
   My question is to all LUGgers that load their own film from bulk: >
1. Why do you load your own?

Many times I go out knowing that I won't need an entire roll of 24 or
36 exposures for the shoot at hand. Loading from a bulk roll permits
me to spool up exactly what I need with a minimum of waste.

>  2. How do you do it?
With a bulk film loader whose name I forget which I acquired at a tag
sale for $5 some years ago and with Kodak reloadable cassettes.

>  3. What camera are you using?
M3, M4, R4, IIIc (and yes - I do get the sprocket holes appearing)

>  4. What films are available to you in bulk?
Well, I use Tri-X as the emulsion of choice and do have a bulk roll of
Kodak internegative film in the freezer.

>  5. Any other reasons to load your own?

Can't think of any other than my innate frugality.
   Roy C. Zartarian
   http://www.connix.com/~royzart
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"

Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the key
board. All typos are his fault.