Subject: Re: [Leica] Trimar at PMA!
From: John_McLeod@designlink.com
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 01:33:21 -0800

Lucien wrote:

It's funny you sayed that.
One of my dealers, told me sometime ago, discussing the Trimar or
Tri-Elmar,
(BTW, Erwin could you confirm the name?)
that for a collector it will be a good idea to buy it,
because he don't think that it will sell very well.
= The Leica MP or Hologon syndrom.

Good point Lucien.  I was interested in an M6 in the early 1990's when there
were a lot of "Pandas" available (the Panda is a chrome M6 with various black
parts, such as the shutter speed dial).  I thought the camera was ugly
(apologies to current Panda owners), and so did a lot of dealers in the San
Francisco Bay Area.  And now I hear this camera, which was made for only a
short time, is selling at a premium!  "Hard to find, very rare, very valuable"
... still homely.

John McLeod