Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 all the way or Keep my R system?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 00:19:23 -0800

At 08:41 PM 2/7/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm debating whether to go all M or not.  I have an M6 w/35mm f2
>Summicron, a 50mm Summitar w/adapter and an R4s outfit.  The M is so
>darn handy and those lense are so manageable.  I was away last weekend
>and had the R4s w/50, 90 and 135 lenses with me and I have to admit that
>it was a bit of a haul.  I guess I love the R4s because I love looking
>right through the lens and seeing what I'm getting.
>
>Any thoughts on the subject?  Anyone go through this before and
>completely switch over to only M stuff?
>
>Let me know?
>Thanks
>Gabe

How is it possible that someone else can tell you how, and with what
equipment, to photograph? Photography is a very personal endeavor. I
believe it is absolutely and totally impossible for someone, other than you
(yourself), to  tell you what is the best equipment for you. It's like
someone else telling you which car to buy. Which house to buy. Which town
to live in. I'm sorry to sound so shocked... but this makes absolutely no
sense to me. Does someone also tell you what to photograph?

My suggestion is for you to have and use that equipment that best fits your
photographic method and works for the subject type that you like to
photograph. Only you can determine the answer.

sincerely,

Jim