Subject: Re: [Leica] Black Tape
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 0:48 +0000 (PST)

Dan K wrote:

> I have heard that Leica owners use black tape to cover parts of their
> camera to prevent theft.

As a theft prevention measure, black tape has all the utility of a
waterproof tea bag.

However it is an *excellent* way of confusing & deterring camera nerds.
The sort of people who come up behind you when you're working and want to
tell you how much better their Wibblax (with 20-2000 f96-128 zoom) is than
your hopelessly overpriced M6.

Well, I say "excellent"...a well sharpened fireman's axe would be better,
but it's a little heavy to carry around, and considered by some to be
rather anti-social...