Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica mini tripod
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 98 14:17:12 +0100

On 07-02-1998 02:02 George Huczek wrote:

>I need a mini tripod to put me nearly at ground level for outdoor nature
>closeups.  I will be working with the camera in horizontal and vertical
>positions.  I am wondering what mini tripod would be recommended.  For
>example, Bogen makes a small tripod like this, but it needs a special
>adapter bracket to be able to work with the camera in a vertical position.
>How does the Leica mini tripod compare?  I have a Leitz ball and socket
>head that I could attach to the top.
>   In the past I have worked with the camera inverted on the centre post of
>a large tripod, but this is really awkward.
>

>-GH

I have good experience with the Leica table tripod with ball and socket
head (items 14100 and 14110). It allows you to work both horizontally and
vertically. Not too big or too heavy, so can easily put it in your jacket
or photo bag while on the move.

Leica also makes a mini tripod, which they mainly intend for the Minilux
(item 14320). It is, of course, much smaller and lighter. I am not sure
whether it would be adequate for a rather heavy reflex or M body. Better
check it out first.

Pascal

Sent on a Macintosh PowerBook G3, the fastest laptop on the planet