Subject: [Leica] Out of topic: Bill Gates hit by cream cake in Brussels
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 05:38:40 -0500

Sorry LUGers,

I was'nt there with my Leica,

As a Mac user, I don't feel so sorry about that,
but to be honest, I think that our "friend" Bill reacted very well.

Lucien
BELGIUM

<<BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) -- That's not egg
on Bill Gates' face, it's cream. =

The Microsoft chairman was hit in the face
with one cream cake Wednesday in Brussels.
(I believe it's four, but..) =

He was entering a building to meet with
Belgian government officials. The Belgian
news agency says one person distracted
Gates' attention, while another threw the
cream tart. It hit Gates right in the face,
leaving cream all over his glasses. =

The news agency says four to five people were involved =

and had a stack of cakes ready. =

The one person who threw a cake got away, =

but police arrested another person and
are questioning a third who filmed the event. =

Microsoft said late Thursday it
will not press charges. =

Reuters reported that it was
unclear if Noel Godin, a Belgian
who has made a name for himself
and a lucrative business out of
hurling custard pies in the faces =

of the rich and famous, was behind the incident. >>
 =