Subject: Re: [Leica] SLR or M for weddings?????
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 09:39:32 -0500

kw wrote:

>Lucien, please explain. Both the Telyt and the DR Summicron are accurate=

>and precise. Why the hesitation to use them for the purpose for which th=
ey
>were designed?

I'm not convinced that the Telyt 200 + Viso and the DR Summicron with
goggles =

were designed for weddings !
And there was no M5 or M6 in that time!
And with the Viso, I don't think they will see your face more than
with a Slr.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that wedding photography is more =

a matter of speed, get the fugitive face expression, get the right
amount of light on the right place at the right moment correctly recorded=

etc..
than using accurate and precise, but slow, lenses.

I will understand that you use a M6 with a 35/1,4 and =

an other with a 75/1,4 or a 90/2 and a 50mm in your pocket, =

but not that, not if you want to satisfy your clients.

Anyway, I will no be confortable with them.
Maybe it's a matter of practice, but for me it will be to risky.

Lucien
BELGIUM