Subject: Re: [Leica] R35mm f2 ROM woes, an update and question
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 21:30:49 -0800

>Am I being tooooooo picky to expect that the front and rear elements of a new
>lens should be free of obvious spot marks or bumps????? Would you accept such
>a lens?
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Pete Myers

Pete... you are not being too picky. Would you accept a BMW, Mercedes, RR,
Ferrari, etc, with a glitch in the paint? NO! I refused delivery on a BMW
in 1991 because of very fine, almost invisible, scratches in the hood. They
fixed it and it was perfect. So I then accepted it.

Bottom line, even though that speck couldn't possibly effect anything in
your photographs, you should get what you paid for. When you pay for BMW,
you don't accept Yugo. When you pay for Leica, you don't accept Cambron.
That's it!

Jim