Subject: Re: [Leica] CL Body!
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 21:53:54 -0500

SNIP --

> Leitz (if I recall correctly) only advised the CL lenses to be used on >the CL, the r/f arrangements, though similar to the M cameras are not >identical and this might account for your disapointments. There again, >it's quite probable that your CL needs an overhaul to sort the problem >out as compatibility doesn't usually seem to be a problem.

SNIP --

From the CL's introduction, Leitz listed a number of M lenses that could
be used on the CL.  I have two CL bodies, an earlier and a late model,
and have never used dedicated CL lenses on either camera body.  From
experience, the M f2.8/28mm, the f2.0/35mm, the f2.0/50, and the
f2.8/90mm all work exceedingly well with the CL coupled rangefinder.  I
would suggest a clean. lube, and adjustment (CLA).

Sherry Krauter, Golden Touch Quality Camera Repair, (914) 496-8834, is a
recognized PRO as to Leica CL repair.  Explain the problem to Sherry.
The CL and its TTL metering is worth the cost of a CLA to use your
regular M lenses.

Do it and enjoy it,
Bill Caldwell