Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #141
From: Christian Becker <chribeck@mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 18:17:13 +0100

christian becker writes:

>> Maybe, but if Leica doesn't come up with AF in the near future it's
>> days are counted.>>>>>>>

>Christian,

>I guess I have a one word question. "Why?"

>Autofocus is nice, but it isn't the be all to end all of the camera
>operation and autofocus is only required for a minimal number of
>situations, sports being the leader for it!

>After that it is hardly necessary. It is a pleasant accessory actually! >It
>isn't required for the life and death of the world's finest camera
>which
>will be around for many centuries to come!

>ted

Ted,
this is like saying auto-exposure is not the be all end all of the
camera operation, since photography has been around for many years
without it and there have been lots of very good pictures taken without
it. So what? Now AF IS possible, why should Leica stay away? Kontax has
one WITHOUT changing the lenses!!
The truth is, it is not the average customer who doesn't want AF, it's
just that the L- guys don't want to let us have it.

Christian