Subject: [Leica] Re: future of non-AF Leica
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 16:43:24 -0500

At 08:18 PM 02-02-98 +0000, you wrote:
>christian becker writes:
>
>> Maybe, but if Leica doesn't come up with AF in the near future it's
>> days are counted.

Common sense might indicate that, but remember, we are talking about Leica.
 For sure, Nikon would be finished if they never came out with an AF
camera.  But people buy Leicas for reasons that are hard to define.  I am
sure if there never is successor to the M6 (other than minor variations
like the .85 model), people will still be buying it in the year 2100.  The
R series is maybe less certain, but I think it will endure as well, AF or
not (probably better if not).

Dan C.