Subject: [Leica] Distortion
From: Damian Dlugolecki <damian@europa.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 20:07:58 -0800 (PST)

I have been trying to follow this thread hoping that ultimately I will be
educated as to what is and what is not a retro focus lens.  Beleive me, I
have tried to educate myself on this question and I can find no references
which begin with some sort of definition of terms i.e., what is a retro
focus lens.  If not the physics, perhaps a rundown of lenses which are
retro focus and a few which are not.

I'm similarly mystified by Dick Gilcreasts references to 'curved field
lenses" vis-a-vis "flat field lenses" in his current article in the
Viewfinder on the 35mm f3.5 Elmar.  Is this topic somehow related to
retrofocus lens design?

Sorry to hold the class back, but I'm lost.

Yrs
Damian