Subject: [Leica] t-max pre-soak?
From: Damian Dlugolecki <damian@europa.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 15:55:46 -0800 (PST)

I have been following Duane Birkey's formula for T-max, that is, using
higher temperature and less time; 24C for 6 min.  I like the results very
much.  Another thing I have been doing is pre soaking the film in 24C
water while I prepare the other solutions.  The water I discard is a light
amber color.  What happens chemically when I pre soak?  Is this a good
idea?
Thanks
Damian