Subject: Re: R: [Leica] Noctilux
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 22:09:45 -0500

At 12:49 PM 01-02-98 -0600, you wrote:
>At 09:55 AM 2/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>There are big names and then there's HCB
>
>I don't think he's the ultimate photographer. He's great, and all that.
>Don't get me wrong, but there there are other photographers who I prefer to
>him. And as far as the magazine industry, they don't care who he is, they
>don't publish pictures they don't like.
>==========

Of course magazines will not publish anything they don't like.  My point is
that if HCB walked into their offices, they WILL like anything he shows
them.   I guess my point is that even if he is not the worlds greatest
photographer, he has one of the greatest reputations as a photographer.
And it is this reputation that allows museums to display his pedestrian,
studenty drawings alongside his famous photographs.  Seeing some of the
crap magazines publish with famous bi-lines attached, I am convinced that
magazines such as American Photo will publish his test prints if given half
a chance.

Just MHO!

Dan C.