Subject: [Leica] Replacing lens elements
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 20:01:19 -0500

Harold wrote:

<<<<I have the last version non-asph 35mm Summicron which unfortunately
received a nasty scratch on the rear element.>>>>>>

Harold,

How bad is it?  Have you shot a test roll of film with it since the
marking?  If you haven't, I'd do a roll inluding stopping down to the
smallest aperture and see if you can make out anything on the negative or
slide.

If you can't see any indication of the mark (highly unlikely) or major
deterioration of the image,  then I wouldn't worry about getting the
element changed.

Partly because it'll probably cost you half the reserve gold in Fort
Knox!:)  Well not quite, but a heck of lot more than you'll want to pay
just for a "back-up lens.

ted