Subject: Re: [Leica] Replacing lens elements
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:55:59 EST

This is a question I'd check with Leica and also independent technicians such
as DAG, Sherry Krauter, Reinhold Mueller et. al.  You can easily check how
much the lens is worth used (assuming the rear element was good) and make a
decision.  As it is, if that scratch is really "nasty" as you say, the lens is
worthless.  If the cost of repair is even 50% of the used value I'd think it
would still pay to repair it.